To our patients
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
While many things have changed this year, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to safely deliver quality dental care for you and your family.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
If you have not been into our office in a while, you will notice some changes to your usual appointment experience. We ask for your patience as we implement the following measures:
- Prior to arrival Please bring your own mask from home to your appointment. Mask wearing is required in our building.
- Check-in changes Our lobby is currently close, so please call our office from your car. 701-235-1261 We will check you in over the phone and ask you to wait in your car until we are ready for your appointment. When ready, a team member will call and invite you inside where we will take your temperature and provide you with hand sanitizer.
- Patients only within the building In an effort to decrease the number of people in the building, we are asking that patients only enter the building, with exceptions for caregivers and parents of young patients. We have also added time between each of our hygiene appointments and staggered our doctor appointments to reduce patient congestion.
- Payments We are encouraging credit card payments over the phone to decrease the wait time at the end of your appointment.
- Air quality We added HEPA filtration units in each operatory that filter the room air 5 times/hour. We added iWave systems in each of our building furnaces. These purify the air using needle-point bi-polar ionization technology; studies show this technology reduces COVID in the air by greater than 90%. We have decreased our aerosol production by adding additional suction devices, including Purevac HVE in all hygiene operatories and Isolites in every room.
- Team Protection We will be screening and taking the temperature of our team members upon arriving to work. Any team member who is symptomatic or has a temperature over 100.4 will be sent home. We added plexiglass for our front desk team and we will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including N95 masks and face shields for appointments. Due to this increased PPE, the temperature in our office might be cooler, so please bring a coat or sweater if you think you might need it.
If you or anyone in your household has a cough, fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, please let us know and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
This shift in our “normal” has highlighted what is really important in life – Family. Our family at home, our family at work and you our dental family. Your choice to make our office your dental home is something we are grateful for every day. We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming appointment.
Jim & Stephanie
Kari, Angie E, Tara, Lauren, Wendy, Caitlin, Allison, Sara, Angie O, Amy and Anna